To promote the best practice of registrants for the benefit of consumers, interpreters, translators and the profession.
It aims to achieve this by the following:
- Maintain a public register of qualified/trainee practitioners
- Ensure registrants meet professional standards of conduct
- Publish the RBSLI Code of Ethics to which all RBSLI Registrants have affirmed
- Investigate complaints thoroughly and impartially based on the RBSLI Code of Ethics
- Promote the importance of robust regulation
- Develop regulation more suited to professional sign language interpreting and translating to preserve as integral and distinct professional linguistic services